Raw meat and poultry are some of the highest-risk food safety categories. This is evident in the fact that safety issues and product recalls affect even the biggest brands in the world. To ensure compliance with strict food safety requirements, uphold brand reputation and protect the health of consumers, all meat and poultry producers are required to guarantee the safety of their output at each stage of the production process. This means comprehensive monitoring across farms, processing plants, distribution centres and retail stores.
Global Inspection Managing specialises in quality control and offers compliance services which help manufacturers and retailers to ensure that the meat and poultry in their supply chains is manufactured to high standards, stored/distributed under the correct conditions, and is compliant with all regulations of its destination market.
We provide lab tests, product inspections and audits of suppliers to help businesses to secure their global supply chains. Our expertise covers all meat/poultry categories, including:
• Fresh meats
• Cooked meats
• Processed meats
• Game meat/birds
Your product quality is our priority
Global Inspection Managing offers a wide range of meat and poultry testing and inspection services that will provide you with reliable, accurate information regarding the safety and quality of your meat and/or poultry products. We’ve devised extensive inspection protocols based on our knowledge of regulatory standards, and we’ll combine this with your in-house specifications to deliver a truly comprehensive testing/inspection service. To ensure objective and effective sampling, we adhere to ANSI/ASQC Z1.4 (ISO 2858-1) procedures in addition to World Health Organisation guidelines.
Our meat and poultry safety solutions:
• Freshness control (via organoleptic checks – smell, texture, look)
• Meat ID (DNA and ELISA testing)
• Meat quality grading (A-C)
• Identification of pesticides, heavy metals and biotoxins
• Shelf life/stability checks
• Microbiological testing
• Process control (to prevent food fraud)
• Size control (to ensure uniform weight/size during production)
• Checks against ALL international standards, national regulations and individual client specifications
How Global Inspection Managing can audit your meat and poultry?
Our audits will provide you with up-to-date, reliable information about all facets of manufacturing and ethical compliance within your supply chain. Our experts will conduct on-site checks of all your supplier’s facilities, including farms, abattoirs, cutting plants, handling establishments, processing premises and storage areas. During these checks, we’ll provide the following:
• Hygiene audits: these are to ensure that your suppliers’ facilities meet international hygiene regulations.
• Good manufacturing practice: we’ll help you achieve GMP compliance and ensure safety in your supply chain.
• Ethical auditing: are you suppliers socially compliant? Allow us to eliminate any instances of labour/animal abuse from your food supply chain.
Meat and poultry certification
Global Inspection Managing is on-hand to audit any processes/systems to ensure certification is achieved under the following national/international schemes:
• Hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP)
• GFSI-approved schemes, including SQF, Global G.A.P, BRC Global Standards and IFS
• Cage-free certification
• Antibiotic-free certification
• Animal welfare certification
What our tests can reveal?
We offer thousands of different tests, and ensure accurate and reliable sample collection, with results typically delivered within 48 hours. Tests available for meat and poultry products include:
• E. coli
• Nutritional make-up (calories, fat, carbohydrates etc.)
• Minerals/vitamins (thiamine, calcium, phosphates, iron etc.)
• Bone percentage
• Percentage of added water/phosphates
• Allergens (including gluten)
Why choose Global Inspection Managing for meat/poultry testing?
• Audit your supply chain in real-time
• Manage your orders online
• Affordable flat rates for audits
• Industry leaders for auditing, testing and inspection turnaround
• International operation
To find out more about how Global Inspection Managing can ensure high quality and compliance in every facet of your production chain, simply contact us today and a member of our team will be happy to discuss your requirements.